PANTERA - Cowboys From Hell 3CD Digipak
Even those who scoff at the idea that rock & roll is the devil's music have to think twice when listening to Pantera.
Limited Edition, Reissue, 3CD Digipak.
Even those who scoff at the idea that rock & roll is the devil's music have to think twice when listening to Pantera. The pill-popping, strip-bar-ogling, beer-guzzling Texas combo takes Metallica's speed-metal cues to new heights of brutality and sacrilege. Fortunately, they're extremely good at what they do. The polyrhythmic complexity of Vinnie Paul's drumming in "Psycho Holiday" and guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell's breathtaking solo in "Heresy" are examples of state-of-the-art metal musicianship. Vocalist Phil Anselmo often sounds like Metallica's James Hetfield, but his brooding croon on "Cemetery Gates" and his falsetto screams on the blindingly fast "Shattered" are more like vintage Deep Purple. Released in 1990, Cowboys made Pantera one of metal's top draws during an era in which it was almost eclipsed by alternative rock.
- This Reissue ℗ & © 2010 Rhino Entertainment Company, a Warner Music Group Company.
- Tracks 1 to 7 on CD2, and all tracks on CD3 are 'previously unissued'.
- Recorded at Pantego Sound Studio, Pantego, Texas. Mixed at The Carriage House, Stamford, Connecticut.
- Original album released 1990. Alive And Hostile EP was released 1991 on EastWest, tracks recorded at 'Monsters In Moscow'
- Tracks 2-01 to 2-07 Recorded at Foundations Forum, The Sheraton Plaza La Reina, Los Angeles (9/15/90).
- Tracks 3-01 to 3-11 recorded at Pantego Sound Studios, Pantego, Texas (1989).
- 3CD Digipak
- Thrash Metal
- Release Year
- United States